11:30 pm – Police were notified of a suspicious person at the donation bin behind Good Will. The suspect, a Baltimore man, allegedly possessed a meth pipe and was wanted on a felony warrant from Franklin County.
Another man had allegedly fled the scene with property from the store. Officers caught up with the other suspect, a 40-year-old resident of Porterdale, Georgia, in the parking lot of the Turnberry Shops. The man admitted to the officer that he had left the merchandise near the front of the store, but that he had some methamphetamine and a few knives in his pockets. The officers found the drugs, five knives, three pipes and a scale.
12:30 pm – Speedway in Pickerington became the latest of the company’s locations to be the victim of a couple allegedly running a gift card scam.
9:00 am – Police were called to Columbus Street where a 42-year-old Grove City man was sitting in his vehicle. The man said that he had dropped off brownies and a cross on his ex-girlfriend’s porch and he wanted to watch for her to pick up the gifts. The officer told the man, that his ex-girlfriends did not appear to want him there since she had called the police. It was also not the first occasion on which she had done so.
9:00 pm – Three Pickerington teenagers were allegedly smoking marijuana in car parked in Longview Acres.
10:30 pm – A 19-year-old Reynoldsburg man was allegedly opening then drinking beer at Speedway.
6:00 pm – A 19-year-old Columbus man and a 19-year-old Reynoldsburg man allegedly stole more than $600 in merchandise from Kohls.
2:21 am – Two vehicles were gone through on Treemoss Circle. Police found a couple parked nearby. A background check on the 22-year-old Columbus man came back clean, but the 22-year-old Columbus woman was wanted on a misdemeanor warrant.
12:15 am – An 18-year-old Pickerington man was found unconscious in his car parked at Kroger. A baggie of suspected narcotics was discovered on the passenger seat. The man was taken to Ohio Health Pickerington and notification was given to Whitehall Police who had issued a warrant for his arrest.
8:30 pm – Police were notified of a theft in progress at Kohls. The suspects had arrived at the store in a sedan with a false temporary tag. Upon seeing the officer, the three female suspects allegedly left the items they had been carrying and attempted to exit the building.
Two of the women were from Columbus, ages 19 and 23. The third gave a false identity, but officers were able to identify her as a 21-year-old Columbus resident.
The three are suspects in 15 different incidents at seven different Central Ohio Kohls including the Pickerington location on October 13 and 18. The total value of what they allegedly stole is $37,935.50.
11:30 am – An 18-year-old Columbus man was arrested for allegedly shoplifting from Kohls.
1:45 pm – A 14-year-old boy allegedly brought a knife and brass knuckles to Pickerington Central High School.
2:15 pm – Two 18-year-old Columbus men allegedly stole four pairs of shoes from Kohls.
9:30 pm – A Dodge Charger and a BMW were allegedly speeding northbound on Diley at around 70 mph. The Dodge began weaving around traffic then made two U-turns. When the officer pulled over the Dodge, the BMW also parked for a few seconds before taking off again.
The Dodge driver laughed as he told the officer that he and his friend in the other car had just gotten off work and were heading home. He said that he was only driving 45 mph which is the speed limit. He explained that he had made the U-turns because he had gotten lost, and he attempted to show the officer the GPS on his phone. His address was listed as Blacklick.
The officer observed no indication of impairment and released the man at 9:53 pm.
At 10:04 pm, police were called to Kroger on a report that three men had become belligerent when told that alcohol sales ended at 10:00 pm. They allegedly began knocking over items before leaving in a “white Ford Mustang with racing stripes”. The report was later corrected. It was not a Ford Mustang but the rather the same Dodge Charger from the traffic stop on Diley.
11:45 pm – A 20-year-old Pickerington man was allegedly smoking marijuana in a car parked near his home on Knights Bridge.
2:12 pm – A couple living in Overland Park reported that a neighbor whom they guessed to be in his sixties allegedly threatened to kill their dog.
4:30 pm – Employees at ATA Blackbelt Academy found a purse in their mailbox containing what appeared to be methamphetamine and a pipe. An identification card inside the purse belonged to a deceased woman from Hancock County.
4:30 pm – A Pickerington woman said that the previous day she knocked down a hunting camera that was on a property that she owned in Lancaster. The day of the report, she received a call from an unknown male who told her, “”Bitch I know you sold my $200 hunting camera. Bitch, my mom wants you dead. My dad already said he will kill you and I am going to shoot you when I see you.”
10:45 pm – A Violet Township man was followed from his work in Columbus to the Pickerington BP by man in a black BMW. When the Violet Township man parked, the man in the BMW robbed him at gunpoint.
Fairfield County Sheriff
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
- 7800 block of Revenge Rd. SW, Madison Twp., littering, three passenger tires and miscellaneous household trash, report taken.
- 1700 block of Lutheran Church Rd. SE, Berne Twp., well-being check, subject was transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 10000 block of Fairfield Farms Dr. NW, Bloom Twp., petty theft, report taken.
- 2900 block of Helena Dr. NW, Greenfield Twp., theft, report taken.
- 1100 block of Coonpath Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., warrant, 43 yr. old male and 49 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 1200 block of Carroll-Southern Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., threats/harassment, report taken.
- 3500 block of Lancaster-Kirkersville Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., domestic dispute, 37 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 13000 block of Rustic Dr. NW, Violet Twp., identity fraud, report taken.
- Five motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 6300 block of Galston Ct., Canal Winchester, 72 yr. old female transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 1100 Tarkiln Rd. SE, Berne Twp., menacing, parties agreed to separate in the home, report taken.
- One motor vehicle accident report.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby report, petty theft, report taken.
- 1300 block of Granville Pke, Lancaster, reckless operation, 18 yr. old male cited for reckless operation and failure to comply with a lawful order/direction of and officer controlling traffic, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, Canal Winchester Sub-Station Lobby, identity fraud, multiple fraudulent transactions on multiple credit cards, report taken.
- Faulkner Dr/Keller Ave., Lithopolis, vandalism, porta johns knocked over, report taken.
- Faulkner Dr/Keller Ave., Lithopolis, vandalism, broken windows on houses, report taken.
- Area of SR 188 and Delmont Rd., Hocking Twp., traffic stop, aggravated trafficking in drugs, 36 yr. old female and 49 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Violet Sub-Station Lobby, theft, amount changed on check, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, identity fraud, accounts opened in victims name, report taken.
- 6000 block of Blacklick Eastern Rd. NW, Violet Twp., theft, amount changed on check, report taken.
- Eyeglass Parties, 6382 Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, theft, two subjects fled the store without paying for property taken from the store, report taken.
- 6000 block of Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, possession of drugs, relay with Franklin County Sheriff’s Office to transport, 35 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 2600 block of Logan-Thornville Rd. NE, Richland Twp., violation of protection order, report taken.
- Marshall Grain Company, Amanda, petty theft, two trucks had fuel tanks drilled and fuel drained out, report taken.
- 500 block of Rock Mill Rd. NW, Bloom Twp., traffic stop, 33 yr. old male arrested for multiple drug charges, arrested, and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 6300 block of Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, assault, charges filed through Canal Winchester Mayor’s Court and a warrant will be issued.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- US 33/SR 188, traffic stop, citation issued, report taken.
- 10000 block of Peters Rd. SW, Amanda Twp., criminal trespass, report taken.
- 12000 block of Lancaster St., Millersport, 28 yr. old female arrested for drug paraphernalia and transported to the Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office.
- 11000 block of Huntington Way NW, Violet Twp., theft, check was altered and cashed for a larger amount, report taken.
- 6500 block of Stemen Rd., Violet Twp., threats/harassment, report taken.
- 2300 block of Lutheran Church Rd. SE, Berne Twp., burglary, one item missing, and various items left on kitchen table which did not belong there, report taken.
- 6700 Heigle Rd. SW, Clearcreek Twp., domestic dispute, report taken.
- 200 block of School St., Bremen, domestic dispute, subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- Area of Baltimore-Somerset Rd. NE/Lake Rd. NE, disabled vehicle, 50 yr. old male arrested for OVI and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Area of Canal Rd. NE/Millersport Rd. NE, Walnut Twp., traffic stop, 53 yr. old male arrested for outstanding warrant, and additional drug paraphernalia charges, transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 10000 block of Stoudertown Rd. NW, Liberty Twp., vandalism, fence posts damaged, report taken.
- 4000 block of Coonpath Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., public indecency, unknown male exposing himself to store employees, the male left the store prior to law enforcement arrival, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.