3:00 pm Three Columbus sisters (ages 18, 17 and 15), were caught allegedly shoplifting at Kohls.
When asked to remove the stolen jacket that she was wearing, the 17-year-old explained that “I was only borrowing it. I was cold.”
While the 18-year-old was still in the store, the officer asked the two juveniles to identify themselves and sit on the curb. After the girls repeatedly refused to comply, the officer attempted to lead the 17-year-old to the cruiser. She allegedly resisted, telling the officer that “she was a juvenile and couldn’t be touched. Both girls tried to run.
The officer caught the 16-year-old by the jacket. The 17-year-old began hitting the officer until her sister was able to slip free of the jacket. At this time, the eldest sister exited the store simultaneously as two more officers arrived.
The younger sisters were arrested and charged with theft, resisting arrest and obstructing official business. The 18-year-old was charged with theft and released. The incident was captured on a dash camera, a body camera and a witness’s cell phone.
3:45 pm An officer pulled over a Volvo with a busted license plate light which was driving 45 miles-per-hour on Interstate 70. The 53-year-old male driver had a suspended license and a warrant for his arrest.
3:45 pm Police apprehended two 21-year-old Columbus women after they allegedly shoplifted from Kohls. One of the women told the police that she had not gone to the store planning to steal stuff, but after she had filled a basket with $598 worth of merchandise, she decided not to pay. She allegedly possessed a magnetic tool used for removing security devices from clothing. Her friend had allegedly stuffed $162-worth of clothing into a large purse.
6:15 pm Police pulled over a 21-year-old Columbus man with an expired license after he allegedly drove around a traffic barrier to turn left onto Diley Road from Windmiller Drive.
12:30 pm A 34-year-old landscaper told his 36-year-old brother/coworker to stop leaf blowing because the sound was disrupting business inside Digital Telephone Alliance. The older brother continued anyway which allegedly resulted in the two beating each other bloody against the brick office building.
1:00 pm A Speedway employee denied an 18-year-old woman’s beer purchase. Video surveillance allegedly shows the teenager hitting the clerk with a can of Bud Light, breaking her glasses. The teen is next seen throwing creamer in the employee’s face, grabbing a five-pack of cigars and leaving. The officers recognized the teen and arrested her at home.
2:00 pm Police were notified that three brothers, ages 12, 14 and 17, were riding in a vehicle with an adult male known only as “Brandon”. “Brandon” allegedly had given the boys drugs on previous occasions. The youngest boy had recently gotten in trouble for allegedly bringing a marijuana edible to Diley Middle School.
11:15 pm A 38-year-old Reynoldsburg man allegedly was yelling at people in the parking lot of Classic’s Sports Bar accusing them of stealing from him.
11:45 pm A vehicle was stolen from the parking lot of El Vaquero. The vehicle’s door had not been secured and the keys were inside.
7:00 pm An officer witnessed a sedan run the traffic light at Hill Road and Diley. Upon activation of the cruiser’s light and siren, the sedan increased speed and turned onto McLeod Parc. The vehicle sped a few more blocks before parking in St. Andrews Court.
The officer reported smelling marijuana upon approaching vehicle and that smoke escaped when the 29-year-old driver lowered her window. The driver allegedly said that she and the twenty-year-old man in the passenger seat were driving her 17-year-old nephew home to Columbus while all smoking marijuana.
WARNING: The following report includes threats of graphic violence. Sensitive readers should skip to November 25.
7:15 pm A 40-year-old Canal Winchester man called the police to report that he had gotten into a knife fight with his 45-year-old sister in Willow Pond. After speaking with the man, his sister and their mother, the officers read the caller his rights and arrested him.
While at the Pickerington Police Station the suspected allegedly threatened the officer who was processing him, “I’ll get out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday… By the time I get paid, I’ll be right back here. Shoot you in the face bitch. I hope I don’t shoot the wrong person.” He mimed aiming a weapon at the officer and firing.
Allegedly, he loudly clapped his hands, “that’s the sound when I smack the shit out of you. I might not even do it to you, but I’m going to do it to your bitch. I’m going to break your kid’s neck.” He then repeatedly demonstrated how he would kill a child. “That’s all it would take – a little kid’s neck ain’t that strong.”
10:30 pm An 81-year-old woman reported that after contractors had left her Windmiller home, some of her tools were missing.
6:00 pm A 22-year-old Powell driver and his 19-year-old female passenger from Westerville allegedly passed out in a vehicle parked outside Volunteers of America. Violet Township Fire medics transported them to separate hospitals to be treated for suspected cocaine overdoses. Meanwhile in the vehicle’s backseat, an 18-year-old Newark man was occupied by his phone. He appeared to be unaware that his companions had fallen unconscious and were struggling to breathe.
Fairfield County Sheriff
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
- Meijer, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 25 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Area of Lincoln Ave./Boving Rd., Lancaster, traffic stop, citation given, report taken.
- 6600 block of Winchester Blvd., Canal Winchester, theft/deception, subject met with unknown buyer, buyer left before Venmo transaction was verified, report taken.
- Walmart, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 42 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- No accident reports.
- 4400 block of Coonpath Rd. NW, stolen trailer, and skid steer, 2022 Vermer Skid Steer S925TV black and yellow in color, the trailer is a 2020 CSUT, investigation ongoing.
- 3200 block of Wheeling Rd. NE, Pleasant Twp., 911 hang-up, 20 yr. old male transported to medial facility for a medical evaluation.
- 4400 block of Coonpath Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., criminal trespass, two individuals attempted to enter a parked school bus, both fled the scene prior to law enforcement arrival.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office phone report, theft, mail from a mailbox, report taken.
- 1700 block of Meister Rd. SW, Hocking Twp., domestic dispute, 35 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 11000 block of Millersport Rd. NE, Walnut Twp., litter complaint, household trash, and clothing, dumped behind a salt barn, trash removed, report taken.
- 1400 block of Blacklick Rd. NW, Liberty Twp., theft, bank account theft, report taken.
- Duke and Duchess, Canal Winchester, petty theft, subject stole beverages and fled the store before arrival of law enforcement, report taken.
- 3300 block of Leonard Rd. NW, Liberty Twp., violation of protection order, report taken.
- 1100 block of Tarkiln Rd. SE, Berne Twp., theft of license plates, report taken.
- Walmart, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 25 yr. old female issued a summons to appear at Canal Winchester Mayor’s Court.
- 10000 block of Lancaster-Circleville Rd. SW, Amanda, domestic dispute, 51 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, 45 yr. old female transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 1100 Tarkiln Rd., Berne Twp., threats/harassment, 32 yr. old female arrested for an outstanding warrant out of Lancaster Police Department and transported there.
- Seven motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 1300 block of Blue Valley Rd. SE, Berne Twp., theft/firearm, report taken.
- 13000 block of Church View Ct. NW, Violet Twp., breaking and entering, subject entered open garage door, Miter Saw stolen, report taken.
- Walmart, Canal Winchester, petty theft, subject fled the scene before arrival of law enforcement, report taken.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- BP Gas Station, 800 W. Waterloo St, Canal Winchester, menacing, report taken.
- 10000 block of Blacklick-Eastern Rd. NW, Violet Twp., assist another unit, 38 yr. old male transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 11000 block of Marietta Rd. SE, Rushcreek Twp., recovered stolen trailer, 28 yr. old male arrested for outstanding warrants unrelated to this service call, transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 1800 block of Victor Rd NW, Greenfield Twp., stolen trailer, 2020 PJ Black Dump Trailer, report taken
- Walmart, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 35 yr. old female and 31 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 13000 block of Harmon Rd. NW, Violet Twp., theft, checks were mailed and altered from victims account, report taken.
- 11000 block of Stoudertown Rd. NW, Liberty Twp., identity fraud, credit card opened in victims name, report taken.
- 12000 block of Cherry Ln. NW, Liberty Twp., menacing, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Canal Winchester Sub-Station, theft, several transactions made from victims account, report taken.
- 13000 block of Canyon Ln NW, Violet Twp., petty theft, report taken.
- 6500 block of Lockville Rd. NW, Bloom Twp., identity fraud, unknown subject opened a credit card in victims name, report taken.
- Four motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- Area of Coonpath Rd. and Franchel Ct., Lancaster, injury traffic crash, 33 yr. old male and 35 yr. old male arrested for drug paraphernalia, possession of drugs, misconduct at an emergency, disorderly conduct, and obstructing official business and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Walmart, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 44 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 8400 block of Shady Maple Ct. NW, Violet Twp., vandalism, report taken.
- 2200 block of West Point Rd SE, Rushcreek Twp., theft, jersey cow missing, report taken.
- One motor vehicle accident report taken.