3:15 pm A 37-year-old Columbus man allegedly threatened to “shoot up” the McDonald’s at Hill Road and Refugee after a teenage employee asked him to leave.
9:45 pm A 48-year-old Whitehall man (wanted by Whitehall and Pike County on drugs and alcohol charges) allegedly hit the sign of the Embassy of Pickerington knocking it to the ground. The vehicle became engulfed in flames.
10:00 am A trailer was reported stolen from the neighborhood of Woodsfield.
1:00 pm A woman stole multiple comforter sets, pillows and rugs from Big Lots.
3:00 pm A business reported that checks they had mailed from a blue USPS box on November 9 and 10 had been stolen. The amounts were rewritten for $6,500 and $7,500.
5:45 pm A man and his sister were reportedly attacked by three individuals in Simsbury. One of the assailants sliced the man with broken glass.
5:00 pm A 22-year-old Columbus man allegedly tried to cash checks from a Pickerington business. When the teller attempted to verify the check, it came back as fraudulent.
8:45 am Someone broke the window of a truck parked at Cracker Barrel and stole a computer tablet off the backseat.
3:30 pm Someone stole a gun from an unlocked vehicle parked at Best Western Executive Suites.
4:00 pm A 16-year-old Columbus girl allegedly attempted to steal merchandise worth $239 from Kohls.
5:15 pm A Pickerington woman purchased fraudulent Taylor Swift tickets for $550 from a woman she met online.
9:45 am Three Columbus men, a Canal Winchester man and a Columbus woman allegedly tried to pass bad checks at Kemba Financial Credit Union.
3:45 am A Pickerington man invested $32,500 in a cryptocurrency company called, “Sogotradec” but was unable to access his funds.
8:00 pm Marcus Cinema asked the police to remove a 32-year-old Columbus man who was allegedly cussing out his 71-year-old mother. He was wanted on a warrant from Whitehall.
10:45 am In the Tim Horton’s drive-thru lane, a 46-year-old Carroll man allegedly opened his truck door and trash fell out. This angered the 36-year-old Pickerington man in line behind him, who exited his vehicle. According to the report, the truck’s passenger ]asked the Pickerington man why he was carrying knives. To which the man responded, “these are screwdrivers you dumb bitch”.
Both drivers continued to argue outside their vehicles. Witnesses reported seeing the Carroll man reach for a gun. Police arrived and separated the men. Four loaded pistols were found in the center console of the Carroll man’s truck.
4:00 am Pickerington Police joined the Fairfield County Sheriff’s office in pursuit of a red Ford traveling westbound on 204. The occupants of the vehicle appeared to be fighting and the driver refused to pull over.
The truck turned onto John Steven Way and exited the road near StorQuest Economy Self Storage. The driver exited the car and jumped the fence into the storage facility. As he jumped, his pants caught on the fence so he ran on without them. The driver’s license found in the pants pocket identified the man as from Gahanna.
1:00 am Officers were dispatched to Classics Sports Bar to help a 52-year-old woman who fell off a barstool and was losing a lot of blood. The bartenders said that she had only two drinks and did not seem to be under the influence. Medics transported her to Mount Carmel Reynoldsburg to have stitches in her lip.
As the medics attended the woman, a bartender approached the officers to ask if they would look up a customer’s date of birth. The man’s identification was very worn, and she could not read it. The records search found that he was 23 and from Bowling Green. It also revealed that the man was wanted on a felony warrant.
8:15 am A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle at Firestone.
9:00 pm Teenagers were doing doughnuts in the Peace United Methodist parking lot.
Fairfield County Sheriff
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
- 11000 block of Sixteenth Rd. SW, Clearcreek Twp., receiving stolen property, 38 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 7300 block of Bromfield Dr., Canal Winchester, domestic dispute, parties agreed to separate for the evening, report taken.
- 1100 block of Tarkiln Rd. SE, Berne Twp., domestic dispute, 89 yr. old female transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 500 block of Marietta St., Bremen, domestic dispute, 35 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- One motor vehicle accident report taken.
- 300 block of High St., Canal Winchester, recovered stolen vehicle, report taken.
- 200 block of E. High St., Amanda, 48 yr. old male transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 4600 block of Winchester-Southern Rd. SW, Amanda, vandalism, window broke out of vehicle, report taken.
- 11000 block of Sixteenth Rd. SW, Clearcreek Twp., litter complaint, a couch and scattered trash dumped near the shelter house, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, theft, report taken.
- Four motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 6500 block of Bluebird Ln., Canal Winchester, stolen vehicle, 2015 White Acura RDX, report taken.
- Marathon/E. Main, attempt to locate, 26 yr. old female and 33 yr. old female arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 3000 block of Rutter Hill Rd. SE, Rushcreek Twp., vandalism, delivery truck caused damage to a property owner’s pool, report taken.
- 7200 block of Fosnaugh School Rd. SW, Clearcreek Twp., 37 yr. old female transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- Four motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, investigate complaint, report taken.
- 6600 block of Stemen Rd. NW, Violet Twp., litter, a television was left on the side of the road, report taken.
- Nine motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 4900 Mason Rd. NW, Bloom Twp., theft, items taken from unlocked vehicle, report taken.
- 1200 block of Blacklick Rd. NE, Walnut Twp., theft, phone scam, report taken.
- 1800 block of E. Main St., Lancaster, traffic stop, citations issued, report taken.
- 100 block of Beck Rd. SE, Berne Twp., burglary/not in progress, multiple items missing from the home, report taken.
- 2700 block of Horns Mill Rd. SE, Berne Twp., stolen vehicle, 2003 Black Harley Davidson Fatboy motorcycle, report taken.
- 13000 Bainwick Dr. NW, Violet Twp., vandalism, Christmas lights cut, report taken.
- 3200 block of Oak Leaf Ln., Rushville, harassment complaint, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 7800 block of Refugee Rd., Violet Twp., theft, mailed check was altered, report taken.
- 2900 block of Delmont Rd., theft, Hocking Twp., catalytic converter cut off vehicle, report taken.
- 1900 block of N. Memorial Dr., Lancaster, warrant arrest, 42 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Violet Sub-Station, threats/harassment, report taken.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
- 13000 block of Shell Beach Rd. NE, Walnut Twp., domestic violence, 28 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 100 block of S. Main St., Baltimore, theft, fraudulent charges on business account, report taken.
- 33 E/B at Pickerington Rd., traffic stop, verbal warning issued, report taken.
- 3600 block of Baumann Hill Rd. SE, Berne Twp., vandalism, delivery vehicle stuck in the yard, report taken.
- 1100 block of W. Market St., Baltimore, domestic dispute, 73 yr. old male transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- Eight motor vehicle accident reports taken.
Sheriff Alex Lape reports that at 1:03 pm, December 3, deputies responded to a 911 call of a reported shooting at 2899 Arter Rd., Amanda, Ohio.
Upon arrival, the deputies discovered 42-year-old, Matthew Enmen, deceased from an apparent gunshot wound. The initial investigation has revealed that Matthew was involved in a dispute with his brother Mickey Enmen, age 39.