1:51 a.m. A 38-year-old Columbus man met his grown nephew at Finnegan’s Wake where they allegedly “were in good spirits until the check came”. At which point, the two began to argue.
They started walking toward the door but were stopped by the bartender. The two returned to their table and “after some time”, one did pay the bill. However, once they entered the parking lot, they allegedly resumed their argument which escalated to punching.
1:09 p.m. A 27-year-old Columbus woman was stopped at Pickerington City Hall for allegedly driving at a high rate of speed on Lockville Road past Hereford Drive. She had also been holding her phone “at face height”. The temporary license plate on the vehicle had expired on November 19 and she had no license or insurance.
She was arrested on multiple outstanding warrants and handed over to the Reynoldsburg Police Department. A friend picked up the woman’s young son.
12:16 p.m. On April 13, Lake’s Edge Apartments allegedly evicted a 36-year-old man and placed his belongings in an open area. The man realized that items were missing and “had a feeling” that the property’s employees were to blame. He told two of the maintenance workers to return his belongings or “I will be back and get you!”
The man told police that he had an agreement with Lake’s Edge to leave on April 24, however a court notice indicated that the date had been moved to April 13. He admitted that he had not read the notice.
1:44 p.m. A 21-year-old Columbus woman alleged that a 22-year-old Columbus man tried to run her off the road by Chase Bank then pulled a gun on her.
6:24 p.m. A 48-year-old man told police someone had requested unemployment benefits in his name.
8:37 p.m. Police received a report that a juvenile had being placed in the trunk of a white, four-door Honda that had just left Kohl’s parking lot. An officer arriving on the scene spotted a vehicle matching that description driving southbound on Hill Road.
The officer allegedly activated his lights and siren, but the vehicle did not stop until the intersection of Hill and Diley Roads. The driver, a 72-year-old Pickerington woman, told the officer that she did not stop because she was frightened and had done nothing wrong. The officer explained the situation and apologized.
Back at Kohl’s, the surveillance footage showed a teenage girl voluntarily climbing into the trunk of a white, four-door Honda then climbing back out and leaving with her friends.
9:07 p.m. A wallet was taken from a cart at Kroger on Hill Road.
12:32 p.m. A fight at Ridgeview Junior High resulted in a staff member needing medical care. The investigation is still pending at the time of publication.
1:45 p.m. Kohl’s security reported that a man wearing a blue cap and carrying a purple and white duffel bag had stolen merchandise from their store. When officers located the suspect on Hill Road, they asked him if he had come from Kohl’s. He allegedly answered “no” that he had just left Speedway. When the police searched the purple and white bag that he was carrying, they found the $162.99 worth of merchandise that Kohl’s had reported as stolen.
The suspect had no identification but told officers that he was a 39-year-old Texas woman. However, after searching the suspect, police discovered medical forms and a prescription belonging to a 30-year-old man from Mason, Ohio. Mugshots taken in Warren and Butler Counties belonging to the Mason identity matched the suspect.
3:50 p.m. Following a report that someone had stolen merchandise from the Kroger on Hill Road, police arrived at the Turnberry Apartments just as a 34-year-old woman was allegedly unloading unbagged groceries from the back of her vehicle. When an officer told the woman that Kroger had reported a theft by someone driving a car with the same license plate, she said that there must have been a “mix up”. However, after leaving her small child with her husband, she did return to the store with the police to take back the $482.31 worth of merchandise which included groceries, alcohol and dog food.
3:49 p.m. A man, dressed in a Wendy’s uniform, ordered a smoothie from the McDonald’s at the corner of Refugee and Hill Roads. He then changed his mind and asked for a refund. When the cashier asked him to “hold on”, the man became angry and knocked over a display.
7:30 p.m. A car with a fictitious plate was towed from near Refugee Road and Springcreek Drive.
12:06 p.m. A 26-year-old Columbus man was allegedly pulled over for driving 48 mph in the 25-mph portion of Lockville Road. He could not provide insurance and he had a history of driving without a license. He and his coworker gathered tools from the company van that he had been driving before the police had it towed.
9:37 a.m. A 23-year-old Etna woman reported that her wallet was taken from a grocery cart in the Hill Road Kroger.
5:59 p.m. Two 11-year-old boys and a 10-year-old allegedly used a hammer to break into the maintenance shed behind Diley Middle School. They also damaged the door to the gym. Nothing was missing except for the lock to the shed which one of the boys had taken home.
Fairfield County Sheriff
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
April 16, 2023
- 6400 block of Revenge Rd. SW, Madison Twp., petty theft, stolen used tires, report taken.
- Area of US33 E to Lancaster-Circleville Rd. SW/L, Hocking Twp., traffic stop, 27 yr. old male arrested for possession of drugs, aggravated trafficking in drugs, driving in marked lanes and driving under suspension, subject was transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- 200 block of Cedar Hill Rd. NW, Bloom Twp., domestic dispute, 56 yr. old male arrested for outstanding warrant unrelated to this call for service, he was transported to the agency that held his warrant, report taken.
- 6000 block of Gender Rd., assistance given, subject transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
April 17, 2023
- 5800 block of Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, theft, wheels stolen off a parked vehicle, report taken.
- 2500 block of Pleasant Way NE, Pleasant Twp., identity fraud, report taken.
- 3800 block of Chillicothe-Lancaster Rd. SW, Hocking Twp., litter complaint, a mattress was laying along the roadway, mattress was removed by ODOT, report taken.
- 100 block of W. Waterloo St., Canal Winchester, petty theft, street sign taken, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, Canal Winchester Sub-Station, Canal Winchester, forgery, multiple checks fraudulently altered and cashed, report taken.
- 8500 block of Refugee Rd. NW, Violet Twp., warrant, 35 yr. old male arrested for an outstanding warrant and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- Seven motor vehicle accident reports taken.
April 18, 2023
- Area of Hill Rd. N., Stonecreek Dr. S., Violet Twp., traffic stop, 45 yr. old male arrested for possession of drugs and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- 2400 block of Columbus-Lancaster Rd. NW, Greenfield Twp., domestic dispute, parties separated, report taken.
- One motor vehicle accident report taken.
April 19, 2023
- 3000 block of Savage Hill Rd. SE, Berne Twp., solid waste/open burning/dumping, mulch and wood chips on fire, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, identity fraud, fraudulent usage of personal information to obtain a loan, report taken.
- 7700 block of Pickerington Rd. NW, Violet Twp., stolen vehicle, 2014 Black Carr Dump Trailer, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, identity fraud, fraudulent withdrawals from bank account, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.
April 20, 2023
- 2000 block of Horns Mill Rd. SE, Berne Twp., traffic stop, 39 yr. old male arrested for outstanding warrants and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- Area of W. Columbus St./Fair Oaks Ln., Pickerington, traffic stop, citation issued, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, menacing, report taken.
- 100 block of W. Marietta St., Bremen, subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- 6000 block of Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, domestic dispute, parties separated, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.
April 21, 2023
- 8000 block of Pleasantville Rd. NE, Richland Twp., vandalism, tires slashed, report taken.
- 7500 block of Winchester Rd. NW, Bloom Twp., subject transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, Canal Winchester Sub-Station, stolen vehicle, 2016 Red Dodge Challenger, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, identity fraud, fraudulent tax filing, report taken.
- 7500 block of Jenkins Dr., Canal Winchester, investigate complaint, report taken.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
April 22, 2023
- 3500 block of Blacklick-Eastern Rd. NE, Walnut Twp., information report, assistance given, report taken.
- 12000 block of Sheldrake Ct. NW, Violet Twp., domestic dispute, parties separated, report taken.
- Area of N. Broad St./E. Mulberry St., Lancaster, traffic stop, report taken.
- One motor vehicle accident report taken.