1:00 pm: Tractor Supply Co. told the police that a 31-year-old Dayton man was calling them daily to request a cash refund for a mini-bike that he had purchased. They repeatedly told the man that because he purchased the mini-bike using gift cards, they could not reimburse him in cash. (Tractor Supply’s website lists the price of mini-bikes as ranging from $499.99 to $899.99.)
On May 29, when he spoke to the manager, he allegedly threatened to return to the store with a gun.
When the police called the man, he told them that he would no longer contact the store but would instead take the issue to Tractor Supply’s corporate office.
4:15 pm – Three teenage boys (two from Columbus and one from Canal Winchester) allegedly snuck into the Pickerington City Pool and became belligerent when asked to pay admission. They began to shout obscenities and one of the boys threatened to “shoot this ****ing place”.
8:30 pm – An officer closing the bathrooms at Victory Park and the lower level of Sycamore Park reported that toilet paper holders in both places had been broken.
2:00 pm – Officers discovered 1.28 grams of marijuana, a black and yellow glass bowl and a lighter in the safe belonging to the resource officer at Pickerington Central High. The resource officer reported that he was unaware how long the items had been in the safe or to whom they belonged.
4:00 pm – A 12-year-old boy called the police to the Windmiller Ponds subdivision after he and his 9-year-old sister found what they believed to be a “bloody dress” in the pond at 936 West Washington Street.
Upon arriving at the scene, the responding officer photographed the dress which he described as yellow, size 4T and covered with unknown red stains. Searching the area, the officer found another piece of fabric on the rocks by the culvert. It was “completely stained” with the unknown red substance and had dried stiff. Near the culvert, the officer found a diaper stained red as well.
8:30 pm – The officer closing the men’s bathroom at Victory Park noticed the air freshener, a toilet paper holder and the baby changing station had all been broken and a large roll of toilet paper had been tossed into a toilet.
12:00 pm – A man claiming to be “John Portee” had been threatening a Pickerington man over phone and text. “John” claimed to be the head of an escort service owned by the Sonaloa Cartel and that the Pickerington man “wasted the time of one of their girls”.
“John” warned that if the cartel did not receive compensation, they would have the man’s family killed. To illustrate what could happen, “John” sent images of dismembered bodies.
A second man called from the same Florida number warning the victim not to contact the authorities because they “kill cops”.
The Pickerington man was unsure how his name and number was obtained by the men contacting him. He also stated that he had not been to Florida recently nor had he used an escort service.
Upon researching the threat online, the Pickerington police discovered several scams involving a similar story with only a few words changed. Furthermore, the gruesome images appeared to have been downloaded from the internet.
The investigating officer advised the Pickerington man of what he had discovered, but the information did not allay the man’s fears. An extra patrol was set for his residence and the officer provided him with his contact information in case the issue persisted.
The officer also discovered a forum for people who fell victim to the same scam from the same number (a land line in Homestead, Miami-Dade county, Florida, 33035). One person also stated that they were also contacted by “John Portee”.
7:15 pm – Two teenage boys allegedly used a picnic table to access the roof of the Victory Park shelter house, then began unscrewing light bulbs and throwing them to the ground. One of the boys was wearing a “Hugs Not Drugs” shirt.
8:30 pm – A landscaper reportedly found a handgun near the south edge of the Best Western’s property. He had been blowing grass clippings toward the tree line along the creek when he discovered the pistol.
After conducting a serial number search, officers determined that the gun (a rusted, black Ruger 9mm EC95) had been inside a vehicle stolen from Blendon Township (near Westerville).
There were no rounds in the chamber or the magazine.
Fairfield County Sheriff:
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
- 8500 block of Refugee Rd., Violet Twp., impaired driver, 35 yr. old male arrested for possession of a controlled substance and disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 9000 block of Drums Bottom Rd., Richland Twp., 43 yr. old female arrested for resisting arrest and obstructing official business, transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, investigate complaint, assistance given, report taken.
- 2300 block of Boving Rd., Hocking Twp., theft, report taken.
- 13000 block of Shell Beach Rd., Walnut Twp., aggravated menacing, subject was trespassed from premises, report taken.
- 8600 block of Winchester Rd., Bloom Twp., theft/deception, report taken.
- 7400 block of Lancaster-Thornville Rd., Walnut Twp., domestic dispute, parties were separated for the evening, report taken.
- 6800 block of Winchester-Southern Rd., misuse of credit cards, unauthorized charges on credit card, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, identity fraud, report taken.
- 6400 block of Ashbrook Village Dr., Canal Winchester, suspicious vehicle, report taken.
- Refugee Rd./Tollgate Rd., Violet Twp., litter complaint, trash scattered on Refugee Rd., cleaned area, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office phone report, missing/stolen license plate from vehicle, report taken.
- 6200 block of Winchester Blvd., Canal Winchester, aggravated menacing, report taken.
- 1000 block of Schwilk Rd., Berne Twp., criminal damaging, mailbox, and utility pole were damaged, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, investigate complaint, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office phone report, identity fraud, report taken.
- 3300 block of Wheeling Rd., Pleasant Twp., domestic violence, 62 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, identity fraud, report taken.
- 3200 Stone Wall Cemetery Rd., Hocking Twp., litter complaint, area cleaned, and report taken.
- 2700 block of Chautauqua Blvd, Millersport, criminal damaging, report taken.
- 6500 block of Pleasant View Rd., Rushcreek Twp., domestic dispute, parties agreed to separate, report taken.
- 7700 block of Main St., West Rushville, vandalism, several windows broken out of house, report taken.
- 2300 block of Cincinnati-Zanesville Rd., Hocking Twp., burglary, windows broken, missing items, report taken.
- 11000 block of Summerland Beach Rd., Walnut Twp., domestic violence, 43 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 10000 block of McCullough Rd., Rushcreek Twp., well-being check, individual transported to medical facility for medical evaluation.
- 8800 block of Stonehenge Dr., Violet Twp., petty theft, report taken.
- 6200 block of Bowen Rd., Canal Winchester, menacing, report taken.
- 5400 block of Dahlia Dr. Walnut Twp., well-being check, individual transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, fraudulent activity on checking account, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, telephone harassment, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, petty theft, miscellaneous items missing from garage, report taken.
- 7300 block of Julian Rd., Clearcreek Twp., suspicious vehicle, vehicle towed from the area, report taken.
- 8700 block of Chateau Dr., Violet Twp., litter complaint, multiple household items, furniture, etc., out by the curb and in the street, no response from homeowner, follow-up will continue, report taken.
- 70 block of Covenant Way, Canal Winchester, petty theft, catalytic converters taken off vehicles, report taken.
- 2200 block of Pump Station Rd., Berne Twp., menacing, report taken.
- 6500 block of Winchester Blvd., Canal Winchester, threats/harassment, report taken.
- 2400 block of Carroll-Eastern Rd., Pleasant Twp., violation of protection order, 22 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Meijer, Canal Winchester, petty theft, 52 yr. old female, posted bond, issued a summons for Canal Winchesters Mayors Court.
- 13000 Tollbridge Way, Violet Twp., threats/harassment, report taken.
- 1900 block of Old Logan Rd., Berne Twp., theft, two recreational vehicles stolen, report taken.
- 6300 block of Gender Rd., petty theft, suspect fled the store with multiple items, report taken.
- 2700 block of Lynn Ave., Millersport, domestic violence, 30 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.