Position Title: Director of Membership (Part-Time: 25-20 hours/week at $16/hour)
Reports to: President & CEO
The objective of this position is to act as the frontline sales associate and manager of member programs for the Chamber of Commerce, strengthening relationships and partnerships with existing chamber members and the recruitment of new members.
1. Develop strategic targeting plans for the recruitment of new members to the Chamber of Commerce and manage onboarding procedures.
2. Develop programs and benefits to enhance the value proposition of being a Chamber member and aid in the recruitment and retention of members.
3. Visit existing Chamber members and call upon prospective new members working to understand individual business needs of chamber members.
4. Work closely with fellow Chamber employees to develop marketing benefits and recognition for Chamber members.
5. Manage member communications and benefits tracking through CRM database, update website as needed, and support social media efforts.
6. Work closely with Director of Events and Programs to determine sponsorship needs for events and programs.
7. Develop projects designed to collect feedback from Chamber members regarding the performance and benefits of the Chamber in an effort to align resources, design benefits and increase overall membership satisfaction.
8. Work closely with the President to develop new membership and retention goals. Assist in developing budget projections based on membership and retention goals.
9. Create content and graphics as needed and compile and send weekly newsletter
10. Manage member services programs, including benefits partnerships, job listings, event postings, news releases and deals.
11. Must represent the Chamber of Commerce with a high level of customer service regarding its members at all times.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education: A college degree (or equivalent experience), subsequent training and or experience in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or other related academic areas are preferred.
Knowledge / Experience: Previous practical experience in sales, marketing, and/or customer service; knowledge in social media best practices; experience with CMS and CRM preferred.
Ability & Skills: Must possess advanced verbal and written communication skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills. Must have the ability to easily interact and build relationships with potential and existing customers. Design skills in Canva or InDesign and experience with Constant Contact a plus.
Physical Characteristics: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
Send resume to Kim Barlag, President & CEO, Pickerington Area Chamber of Commerce, at firstname.lastname@example.org.