2:28 p.m. Car keys were reportedly stolen from Planet Fitness.
3:35 p.m. Two 13-year-old Columbus boys allegedly filled backpacks with chips and energy drinks then attempted to leave Speedway without paying.
5:30 p.m. A 36-year-old Columbus woman, driving a vehicle with fictitious plates, allegedly stole $640.85 worth of merchandise from Giant Eagle.
5:21 a.m. A man reported that his car was stolen from Fullers Circle. Seven minutes later, the car and the alleged thief, a 25-year-old Columbus man, were found at the BP on Gender Road. The suspect was wanted on a felony warrant.
9:33 a.m. A 15-year-old boy allegedly set up a marijuana business in a bathroom at Pickerington High School Central. Per the report, using a scale placed on a ledge near the sinks, the boy weighed the marijuana, placed it in baggies, then handed the baggies to each student who handed him cash.
3:39 p.m. A Marion man, who has allegedly been stealing gasoline from BP locations around central Ohio, robbed the Pickerington BP. Police suspect that the man overrides the pumps using a manager’s key, then fills a bladder located in the bed of his Ford F250. He has hit BPs on Wilson Road, Sunbury Road, Olentangy Road and Bethel Road. The report did not provide the amount of fuel stolen from every incident; however, it did detail that 590.45 gallons were taken on March 9 and 1114.49 gallons were taken on March 20.
5:14 p.m. A 72-year-old Columbus woman reported that her purse was stolen at Volunteers of America.
1:15 a.m. A man, who allegedly was driving the wrong way on U.S. 33, rammed two Fairfield County Sheriff cruisers, then continued northbound in the correct lane. Pickerington Police tossed stop sticks onto U.S. 33 near Pickerington Road, but the device malfunctioned. No spikes deployed therefore the black Saturn was able to continue traveling north.
8:14 a.m. A 49-year-old Pickerington man reported that a check he had mailed from the Pickerington Post Office had been stolen, washed, rewritten and cashed for $7,200.
10:59 p.m. A 19-year-old Columbus man was allegedly pulled over near Roosters for a traffic violation. Officers found open alcohol containers and a gun inside the Dodge Caravan. The man was wanted on an outstanding warrant for felonious assault. One of his passengers, a 21-year-old Reynoldsburg man, was also wanted.
2:27 a.m. An officer driving northbound on Hill Road noticed a silver Audi allegedly improperly change lanes and turn left onto State Route 204 without stopping at the red light.
After pulling over the vehicle, the officer asked the driver, a 20-year-old Canal Winchester man, if there was anything illegal in the car. To which the man answered, “uh… no.” When questioned why he had hesitated, the man drove off at a high rate of speed.
Pickerington police have a policy not to engage in high-speed chases.
An hour and a half later, the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) responded to an accident involving the same Audi on State Route 204 just east of Taylor Road. The vehicle had traveled through bushes, a fence, and small trees before hitting a pole in the yard which flipped the car onto its roof.
Troopers found random items scattered across the ground. There was blood visible inside the car and on the lawn, but no driver. A tow truck driver told the troopers and Pickerington police that a Chevy Malibu had picked up the driver. The tow truck driver provided the officers with the driver’s name and address.
As OSHP processed the accident scene, two men approached in masks and hoods. When the one began to speak, the Pickerington officer recognized his voice from the initial traffic stop. The man was also “bleeding heavily from his forehead”.
Nothing illegal was reportedly found on the man or in the vehicle. The man said that he fled the traffic stop because he thought the officer was reaching for a gun.
4:19 p.m. Police received a report that $2,200 had been charged to credit cards which had been fraudulently opened using the identity of a 26-year-old Pickerington man.
10:11 a.m. An unknown person damaged the door to La-Z-Boy.
10:39 a.m. A 36-year-old Pickerington man told police that after he left Circle K, a Range Rover “was on his butt” driving north on Hill Road. When the road widened to two lanes, the Range Rover pulled alongside his truck at the Diley traffic light. The man said that he rolled down his window of his truck and yelled to the other driver, “What is your f_______g problem?!”
In response the driver of the Range Rover, a 17-year-old Door Dasher from Columbus, allegedly rolled down his window and pointed a gun at the Pickerington man. The boy traced the green targeting laser across the man’s body.
The Pickerington man threw his sandwich at the boy. The light turned green, and he took off.
As the Range Rover began to pull even with his truck, the Pickerington driver said he “slammed” on his brakes and ducked behind the teenager’s vehicle. The Pickerington driver then called the police, who pulled the Range Rover over near Squeek’s.
Officers reported that the gun looked to be a real firearm but was an airsoft gun.
2:07 p.m. A wallet was found near Blacklick Creek which contained credit cards, motel room keys, driver’s licenses, and miscellaneous other cards from five different men.
Fairfield County Sheriff
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
When this listing was published, the Sheriff’s office had not posted any reports dated March 26.
March 27, 2023
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, theft/deception, fraudulent transactions on account, report taken.
- 6700 block of Bowers Rd. SW, Clearcreek Twp., petty theft, catalytic converter was taken from a motor home, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone report, mailed check cashed for fraudulent amount, report taken.
- 3300 block of Market St., Rushville, domestic dispute, parties were separated due to moving out, report taken.
- 900 block of S. Main St., Baltimore, suspicious person, 56 yr. old male arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- 7800 block of Refugee Rd. NW, Violet Twp., domestic dispute, one party left scene prior to law enforcement arrival, report taken.
- Six motor vehicle accident reports taken.
March 28, 2023
- 6600 block of Bigerton Bnd., Canal Winchester, petty theft, theft from a vehicle, report taken.
- 6500 block of Winchester Blvd., Canal Winchester, criminal damaging, theft from a vehicle, report taken.
- Area of Columbus-Lancaster Rd. NW/Pickerington Rd., traffic stop, citation issued, report taken.
- 4100 block of Savage Hill Rd. SE, Berne Twp., domestic dispute, 47 yr. old female arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, 24 yr. old female arrested for an outstanding warrant and transported to Lancaster Police Department for processing, then transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- One motor vehicle accident report taken.
March 29, 2023
- 3300 block of Shepard Ave. NE, Walnut Twp., investigate immobile vehicles, report taken.
- 10000 block of Blacklick-Eastern Rd., theft, report taken.
- 5600 block of Basil-Western Rd. NW, Violet Twp., menacing, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, Violet Sub-Station, aggravated menacing, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office Lobby, theft, stolen license plate, report taken.
- 8200 block of Bowling Green Ln. NW, Bloom Twp., domestic dispute, 34 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail, report taken.
- Area of E. Monroe St./S. Main St., Baltimore, vehicle fire, report taken.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
March 30, 2023
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, phone contact, violation of protection order, report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, domestic dispute, one party had agreed to leave the residence, report taken.
- Three motor vehicle accident reports taken.
March 31, 2023
- 100 block of N. Mulberry St., Bremen, breaking and entering, multiple items taken from detached garage, report taken.
- 7100 Duke Dr., Canal Winchester, identity fraud, fraudulent charges on credit card, report taken.
- 3200 block of Wheeling Rd. NE, Pleasant Twp., subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- 5800 block of Gender Rd., Canal Winchester, subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- 1300 block of Duffy Rd., SE, Berne Twp., subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.
April 1, 2023
- 9800 block of Merry Ln. NW, Violet Twp., theft, report taken.
- 700 block of Blue Valley Rd. SE, Berne Twp., domestic dispute, one party had left the residence and the other party refused any assistance, report taken.
- Two motor vehicle accident reports taken.