Times are rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
10:30 am: Per the Pickerington Police Facebook page:
“A pat on the back to our dayshift officers on Sunday! An officer was on routine patrol when he noticed a suspicious vehicle in the Best Western parking lot with its hatch open, two people run to the vehicle, jump in the back, shut the hatch, and the vehicle left at a high rate of speed and reckless out of the parking lot. The officer attempted to catch up to and stop the vehicle. The vehicle fled onto Tussing Rd. and attempted to cross SR 256, running a red light and hitting a vehicle.
The suspects continued driving eastbound and finally came to a stop on St. Rt. 204 at Yarmouth Rd. Additional officers arrived, conducted a felony stop, and were able to take eight juvenile suspects into custody that had been piled in the vehicle. Their ages ranged from 12-16 years old and they all resided in Franklin County. Although several of the juveniles were taken to the hospital to be checked, luckily only minor injuries were reported from the parties involved in the crash!
An investigation revealed the juveniles were involved in three different stolen vehicles in Columbus and Delaware throughout the previous night and numerous stolen credit cards were recovered. The vehicle involved was stolen and another vehicle that was stolen were recovered by our officers in our City. One victim was from Canada and had identity documents stolen keeping them from returning home. Luckily the documents were recovered in the vehicle! Numerous charges are pending in Juvenile Court.
Excellent awareness and quick response from our dayshift officers!”
Another stolen vehicle was discovered back at the Best Western where the officer first spotted the children. Both vehicles were Kia Sportages. Two of the juveniles had been reported by their parents as having been missing.
11:30 am: Police were called to the George’s Creek subdivision on reports of a domestic dispute. Allegedly, a 32-year-old man had been arguing with his 34-year-old sister because she believed that it was possible to lose weight by smoking marijuana. Relatives who witnessed the argument claimed that the man charged at his sister who was holding an infant, so they tackled him to the floor.
The family members said that the man got up, said “I’m going to get my strap” then disappeared into the basement. He reemerged and started to pull a Smith & Wesson from his waistband, but their younger relative intervened. Upon realizing that authorities were enroute, the man allegedly threatened to shoot his sister if she got him arrested.
A teenager allegedly ran from the house with the gun and tossed it in the tall grass behind Grace Fellowship Church before the officers arrived. The police recovered the pistol which had 12 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.
8:00 pm: A person with a gun was reported at Five Below.
Time not on report: Two men allegedly stole three headsets totaling $120.00 in value from the AT&T Store.
4:30 pm: A man in the Lake Forest subdivision called the police to report that his wife’s ex-husband was causing a ruckus outside their home. Before officers could arrive, the ex-husband (age 44 of Columbus) had left in his black mustang with tinted windows.
Soon after, dispatchers received a report that a similar car had veered off Long Road and struck a mailbox. The impact broke the passengers side mirror off the car. When officers confronted the Columbus man, he allegedly claimed ignorance of both incidents and that the vehicle was missing a mirror when he purchased it.
A sticker on the back of the recovered mirror gave the manufacture date of 2005 which was the same as the manufacture date on the mustang. The paint and torn wires matched as well.
The man continued to deny that he had been in an accident until the officer asked him, “What do you think your speed was when you struck the mailbox?”, to which the Columbus-man responded, “the speed limit.”
Fairfield County Sheriff:
The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office created the following blotter and posted it on their Facebook page. You can also get news and updates by downloading the Sheriff’s Office app for your smartphone.
- 700 W. Waterloo St., Canal Winchester, vandalism, window broken, report taken.
- 1700 block of Ginder Rd., Greenfield Twp., vandalism., window broken, report taken.
- 9600 block of Basil-Western Rd., Violet Twp., 39 yr. old male arrested for Operating Vehicle Intoxicated and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 2900 block of Pleasant Dr., Pleasant Twp., vandalism, vehicle parked on the street had windows broken out, report taken.
- 2700 block of Pleasant Way, Pleasant Twp., vandalism, vehicle had windows broken out, report taken.
- 4700 block of BIS Rd., Hocking Twp., criminal damaging, report taken.
- 300 block of N. Main St., Pleasantville, vandalism, vehicle had windows broken out, report taken.
- 8600 block of Lancaster-Circleville Rd., Amanda Twp., subject transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 2400 block of Ginder Rd., Greenfield Twp., vehicle had windows broken out, report taken.
- 100 block of Jennings Rd., Greenfield Twp., petty theft, report taken.
- 5500 block of Refugee Rd., Liberty Twp., discharge of a firearm, scene cleared, report taken.
5700 block of Tent Church Rd., Pleasant Twp., domestic dispute, 38 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- Walnut St. at KFC, traffic stop, citation issued.
- 8800 Walnut St., Violet Twp., well-being check, subject transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 13000 block of Wellesley Dr., Violet Twp., information report taken.
- Columbus-Lancaster Rd./Victor Rd., accident, property damage report taken.
- 10000 block of Dozer Rd., Clearcreek Twp., two bags of trash dumped along the roadway, disposed of, report taken.
- 1600 block of E. Main St., Lancaster, well-check, subject was transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 10000 block of Main St., Stoutsville, victim had inappropriate text message on her phone, with no knowledge of who the caller was, number was blocked, report taken.
- 100 block of E. Cliff St., Baltimore, information report taken.
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office, menacing, report taken via telephone.
- 8900 block of Charington Ct., Violet Twp., well-being check, report taken.
- 2300 block of Cedar Hill Rd., Bloom Twp., petty theft, report taken.
- 8400 block of Main St., Rushville, domestic dispute, parties separated for the night, report taken.
- 13000 block of Taylor Rd., Violet Twp., litter complaint, couch and multiple bags of trash, Violet Twp. Road dept was contacted to pick up the trash, report taken.
- 8700 block of Greengate Blvd., Canal Winchester, investigate complaint, report taken.
- 2400 block of Columbus-Lancaster Rd., Greenfield Twp., threats/harassment, report taken.
- 13000 block of Sudbury Pl., Violet Twp., theft/deception, report taken.
- 300 block of Logan-Thornville Rd., Rushcreek Twp., breaking and entering, misc. items were taken from the camper, report taken.
- 400 block of Cherry Hill, Lithopolis, petty theft, report of lost wallet, report taken.
- 12000 block of Roesta Ln., Liberty Twp., having weapons while under disability, subject transported to medical facility for medical evaluation, report taken.
- 6700 block of John Dr., Canal Winchester, identity fraud, several accounts opened in victims name, report taken.
- 3400 block of Country Club Rd., Hocking Twp., petty theft, copper was taken from a new build, report taken.
- 2400 block of Columbus-Lancaster Rd., Greenfield Twp., petty theft, package stolen from porch, report taken.
- 2800 Lancaster-Kirkersville Rd., Greenfield Twp., misuse of credit card, fraudulent credit card purchases, report taken.
- 6800 block of Royalton Rd., Amanda Twp., vandalism, a delivery truck caused damage to victims’ yard, report taken.
- 1000 block of Tarkiln Rd., Berne Twp., threats/harassment, report taken.
- 13000 block of Cedar Rd., Walnut Twp., well-being check, medics transported to medical facility for a medical evaluation, report taken.
- 2600 block of Applewood Ln., Pleasant Twp., investigate a complaint, report taken.
- 6200 block of Revenge Rd., Madison Twp., trespassers, 44 yr. old male and 36 yr. old female both arrested for criminal trespass and criminal mischief and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 900 block of County Line Rd., Rushcreek Twp., breaking and entering, 41 yr. old male arrested and transported to the Fairfield County Jail.
- 8500 block of Refugee Rd., Violet Twp., disorderly conduct, subject fled the area, report taken.
- 7800 block of East Bowling Green Ln., Bloom Twp., assistance given, subject was transported to a medical facility for a medical evaluation.
- 100 block of Elm St., Sugar Grove, vandalism, report taken.
- 6000 block of Gender Rd., petty theft, subjects fled the store, report taken.
- 6000 block of Gender Rd., threats/harassment, subject was trespassed from store, report taken.
- 70 block of S. Beaver St., Carroll, threats/harassment, report taken.